DARE TO SHARE A CHAPTER FROM YOUR STORY WITH US!
At live events, there is much to be learned during keynote sessions, but there is, even more, to learn from our fellow peers. The problem is, peers usually aren't on the 'big stage'; they're sitting in the audience…until now!
At the EVENT, we DARE TO SHARE their relevant wisdom by hosting a Community Keynotes® event. This innovative keynote experience will feature our very own attendees as mainstage closing speakers!
Community Keynoters bring an unparalleled level of authenticity, credibility, and relevancy. Peers have walked a mile in our shoes and speak precisely to our interests.
Given the EVENT is a collaboration between three MPI Chapters – Montreal/Quebec, Ottawa, and Toronto, our Community Keynote® will be a "friendly competition" between the chapters.
Each one of us has a story, that if shared, can spark inspiration, human connection, and greatness in others. What's your story? DARE TO SHARE and submit an application to become a Community Keynoter at the EVENT.
We recognize that crafting and telling your story from the mainstage can feel exhilarating but intimidating as well. Don't allow fear to prevent you from inspiring others. To ensure you're successful, we're investing in you. You'll be coached by Melissa Majors, founder of Community Keynotes®, to ensure you're prepared to design and deliver your talk with authenticity, clarity, and confidence.
HOW DO I APPLY?!
To apply for this unique experience, please prepare:
- A short video which provides:
- An introduction of yourself
- An overview of the talk you'd like to give. Be sure to explain why it will be relevant for the EVENT audience, and how it aligns with the themes of the EVENT Chapter 3.
- Collaborate with other meeting professionals.
- Cultivate new ideas.
- Elevate your industry experience.
WE DARE YOU
- Upload your video and complete the application questionnaire here no later than 12:00 pm EST, February 21, 2020.
If you have any questions about the application process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A panel of anonymous reviewers will identify three finalists and select one representative from each chapter. These finalists will take the mainstage at the EVENT's closing general session Saturday, April 4, 2020. During that time, the EVENT audience will vote on the Community Keynoter that shared the most impactful message.
The winner and their chapter will be honored by receiving the Community Keynotes Award on stage.
Contest rules and considerations
- Only non-professional speakers will be considered. Sorry, paid speakers, you cannot apply.
- Must be registered to attend the EVENT.
- Suppliers and planners are welcome to participate; however, the promotion of products and services is not permitted.
- You must submit your application no later than 12:00 pm EST, February 21, 2020. No exceptions.
- If chosen as a finalist, the duration of your talk will be 10-12 minutes.
- The Community Keynotes® Coaching program will prepare you for success on stage. This program consists of one-on-one as well as group coaching, individual preparation, and presentation design consultation. This program will require approximately 12 hours over 6 weeks and 10-15 hours of personal practice.
- Registration to the EVENT 2021 will be provided to the finalists. All other expenses (travel, lodging, meals, etc.) are not reimbursed.
Those selected as finalists shall partake in the Community Keynotes Coaching program, which is valued at over $3,000 CAD.
DARE to step out of your comfort.
SHARE your knowledge with your COMMUNITY.